Third Party Custody

There may be situations in which parents cannot provide a safe environment for their children. Minnesota law provides for persons with a substantial relationship with the children, or who have had the children residing with them for a certain period of time, to petition for custody of the children. This is a very complex situation and it is especially important to have a competent attorney represent you. Our firm has represented grandparents, aunts, uncles, and others who have had to step in and obtain custody of children that are not biologically theirs. This often results in the children being placed in a safe and loving environment that can allow them to achieve their full potential.

Call us to discuss obtaining custody if you have children that are endangered in their parents’ care.