Child Custody

If a couple is married with children and gets a divorce, the Court determines custody and parenting time as part of that process. If the parents are not married, but have signed a Recognition of Parentage custody is established by bringing a proceeding for custody and parenting time to court. If there is no marriage and no Recognition of Parentage, custody and parenting time are established after paternity is determined. Child custody is based upon the best interests of the child as determined by the factors listed in Minn. Stat. §518.17.

Custody and parenting time matters are very complicated, but our firm has handled hundreds of cases that have dealt with custody and parenting time issues. We can assist you in coming to a resolution, either by negotiation or litigation, that is in the best interests of your children.

Call us to help you to take care of the best interests of your children.